These quotes were chosen by you, our users, in a recent survey. We appreciate the Great Quotes communtiy of users for helping us compile this list.
1. We were given: Two hands to hold. Two legs to walk. Two eyes to see. Two ears to listen. But why only one heart? Because the other was given to someone else. For us to find.
2. Grow old with me! The best is yet to be.
3. Love is that condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own.
4. We sat side by side in the morning light and looked out at the future together.
5. Love is swift, sincere, pious, joyful, generous, strong, patient, faithful, prudent, long-suffering, courageous, and never seeking its own; for wheresoever a person seeketh his own, there he falleth from love.
Thomas p Kempis
6. Love doesn't make the world go round. Love is what makes the ride worthwhile.
Franklin P. Jones
7. I hold it true, whatever befall; I feel it, when I sorrow most; 'Tis better to have loved and lost Than never to have loved at all.
Lord Alfred Tennyson
8. Love is as much of an object as an obsession, everybody wants it, everybody seeks it, but few ever achieve it, those who do will cherish it, be lost in it, and among all, never... never forget it.
9. Love feels no burden, regards not labors, strives toward more than it attains, argues not of impossibility, since it believes that it may and can do all things. Therefore it avails for all things, and fulfils and accomplishes much where one not a lover falls and lies helpless.
Thomas p Kempis
10. If ever two were one, then surely we. If ever man were loved by wife, then thee.
A master of the epigram, Oscar Wilde quotes are some of the most witty and clever of our time. The talented Irish author and playwright of societal comedies such as "The Ideal Husband" and the classic "Importance of Being Ernest", was prolific in his ability to observe life in wry and amusing ways. Tragically, his comment, "If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you" was a precursor to his imprisonment on sodomy charges, the harsh conditions of which led to his illness and death. Oscar Wilde quotes are perceptive, playful and priceless, begging th…
Copyright © 2002-2013 1-Love-Quotes.com